Release process proposal - final draft

Moran Goldboim mgoldboi at redhat.com
Sun Mar 18 09:49:12 UTC 2012

On 03/15/2012 07:25 PM, Ofer Schreiber wrote:
> All,
>
> The final draft of the release process is available at http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Release_Process
> As discussed in the last sync meeting, this draft includes a formal release vote procedure, described in http://www.ovirt.org/governance/voting/
>
> Comment now, or forever hold your peace.
>
> Thanks,
> Ofer Schreiber
> oVirt Release Manager
looks good to me, please consider the following,**

http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Release_Process

[snip]
6. 30 days before release - release candidate
     * OPTIONAL: final release requires three +1 from community members

i would like to see +1 from each component dev owner- indicating that
his component is ready for final release.
in addition i think we need to set musts and shoulds for components as
well, which will indicate which components are a must for a release,
thus indicating if the release should be delayed based on a major
problem on a specific component.

Moran.