[Q&A] Installing oVirt 3.1 and GPFS

안 준호 neo988fa at neowiz.com
Mon Nov 5 03:13:58 UTC 2012

Hello
I’m a Linux System Engineer in Korea.
Sorry but, my English is not good.
Nevertheless, I send a mail to oVirt.org because want to get the solution for my questions
Our team began to design cloud system and chose the KVM for hypervisor / the oVirt for management Tool.
In storage part, we’re going to set-up a distributed storage system like GPFS and GlusterFS.

The oVirt 3.1 supports the POSIX compliant FS.
Thus, we thought that the GPFS can be porting the oVirt engine. For the more, we found that the GPFS can be used for storage on the rhev system docs.

1.     Make Datacenter

-       Name : Datacenter1

-       Type : POSIX compliant FS

2.     Make Clusters

-       Name : Cluster1

3.     Add Hosts

-       Name : kvm1.nwz.kr

-       Mount gpfs at kvm1.nwz.kr -->

-       Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

-       /dev/hohogpfs         768G   15G  753G   2% /hohogpfs

4.     Add Storage Domain

-       Name : GPFS1

-       Storage Type : Data / POSIX compliant FS

-       Use Host : kvm1.nwz.kr

-       Path : kvm1.nwz.kr:/hohogpfs

-       VFS : gpfs

However, we failed to porting the GPFS. --> Can we use the GPFS on the oVirt 3.1 ?? / I want to detailed process. / If the oVirt 3.1 has some bugs, I want to get the bug fix.

Thank you.