[RFC] vdsm-bootstrap rewrite naming

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 10:22:47 UTC 2012

OK, we need to close this up...

----- Original Message -----

So OTOPI it is, well actually lower case otopi.

> > 5. PDF (Pluggable Deployment Framework)
>
> -1 due to PDF so widely known as something else
>

> > I would also like to consider if we want to keep the vdsm-bootstrap
> > name for the bootstrap package, or we should use something more
> > generic, as it really bootstrap the host and not vdsm...:
> > 1. ovirt-hypervisor-bootstrap
> > 2. ovirt-host-setup
>
> +1 to this one. not sure if critical to rename the rpm though.

I think that with all alternatives, renaming the package will make it easy procedurally.
As the old ovirt-engine will continue to pull the existing packages.
We do not need to handle conflicts or breakage.

So can we close up with ovirt-host-setup?
I personally, think ovirt-host-deploy is better than setup.

> > 3. ovirt-deployer
> >
> > Any other idea will be most welcome, we need to close this fast to
> > progress.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Alon Bar-Lev

Thanks!