[vdsm] Review Request: Add an option to create a watchdog device.

Sheldon shaohef at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 22 09:00:18 UTC 2012

On 11/21/2012 04:00 PM, Doron Fediuck wrote:

>     Currently, we do not have any plans to implement the engine side
>     of the feature.
>     But I will add a watchdog feature page to describe how engine
>     enable this feature. It's definitely great if any engine guy would
>     like to take the engine part. I will be glad to provide help if
>     needed.
>
> Hi Sheldon,
> Any news on the engine side?
> Currently the vdsm side is merged, while the engine side still missing.
> The wiki page also lacks the engine side. Can you please handle it?
Hi Doron,

I have updated the wiki page.
http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Add_an_option_to_create_a_watchdog_device
And for vdsm side, I should also add a new patch to report the watchdog
event.

I can add a flat to vm's status, so engine can poll vm's status to check
the event then notify the user, and let the user to take some actions,
such as restart or dump guest for analysis.
Perhaps event report channel is more better, but I have not find any in
vdsm.  But it is a big work to add an event register mechanism for vdsm.

what's your suggestion?

--
Sheldon Feng(冯少合)<shaohef at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center