Is anyone proposing a main track FOSDEM talk?

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 18:09:22 UTC 2012

Hi all,

TL;DR The FOSDEM call for main track proposals closes soon, and I would
like to see one or two oVirt proposals submitted.

FOSDEM has a great crowd - very techie, very free software friendly, and
very interested in new stuff. They have a main auditorium that holds
1000 people and they fill it for talks like "Tales from the Trenches of
Kernel Development", "FreePlug - a Linux server in a Plug", "Amateur
rocketry"...

They also have a dazzling array of DevRooms, rooms with a capacity
ranging from 30 people up to 300 or 400, on topics like embedded Linux
platforms, the Free Desktop, legal topics in free software, telephony,
etc. This year, I believe that Itamar proposed a Virtualisation DevRoom,
and I hope that it gets accepted (notifications should be going out soon).

DevRooms all organise their content independently - when they are
announced, I'll let people know so that we can get some good submissions
in for aligned topics, and if we're running a virt DevRoom, of course
I'll help spread the word for that.

But I would really like to see us run one or two introduction-level
presentations on oVirt and virtualisation, aimed at this audience (that
is, an audience of people who all own several computers!). Someone who
can outline, in 45 minutes, the problems that oVirt solves, the basics
of how it works, the community around the project...

Who do we have who would be willing and able to give such a
presentation? The deadline for main track submissions is November 1st:
https://fosdem.org/2013/call_for_main_speakers.html

Thanks!
Dave.

--