Feature pages for 3.2

Adam Litke agl at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 17 14:41:36 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 02:58:25PM +0200, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 10/15/2012 04:12 AM, Mike Burns wrote:
> >The 3.2 Release page[1] has a list of features targeted for 3.2.  The
> >majority of the listed features either lack a feature page completely,
> >or a link is missing.  If you are responsible for the component the
> >includes the feature, can you either create or have someone create a
> >feature page?  A template page is available[2].
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Mike
> >
> >[1] http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/OVirt_3.2_release-management#Features
> >[2] http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Feature_template
> >

> Adam,
>
> i see 'libvdsm preview' appears on the list.
> is this based on the current legacy api prototype or the new planned api?

I am not sure what you mean by "current legacy api prototype".  I am working on
a new JsonRPC based API that is driven by a schema.  libvdsm is client-side C
library with Python bindings that talks to vdsm using the the JsonRPC protocol
according to the API schema.  We do not currently have the Java client generated
and that is still out of scope for 3.2 since no one is actively working on it.

Hopefully this is enough information but if not please let me know.

--
Adam Litke <agl at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center