the new oVirt website: live preview!

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 12:27:28 UTC 2012

On 09/20/2012 08:17 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>    Looks nice indeed !

Thanks!

>    Seconded, even if the new site makes a better use of today's large
> screens, the search is currently always hidden until one scrolls down

This sentence gives me an idea about how to possibly incorporate search.
I'll have to play around with it a bit, but I might have something to
show pretty soon.

>    The vertical spacing between 2 paragraphs or bulleted items looks a
> tad bit too large to my eye compared to the spacing between lines.

I adjusted the spacing so that the line rhythm was maintained on the
page. It's especially needed on pages like:

http://mediawiki-garrett.rhcloud.com/OVirt_3.1_release_notes
(Which is a copy/paste of the wiki text from the official oVirt wiki.)

I will probably tweak the fonts and text a bit further, especially when
we have another reskinned instance of MediaWiki (containing all of the
content from wiki.ovirt.org) up and running.

>    The top page and the Download page don't even tell what licence
> is applicable, IMHO that crucial information should be presented to
> the user between the time it hits the home page and the time he's told
> how to install it on Fedora 17.

That's a great point.

Is it enough to mention "ASL2.0" in the footer and link to a licensing
page, like the current oVirt.org website does? Or should we say more?

Thanks for the feedback!
Garrett