Gluster Volume asynchronous tasks

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Mon Aug 12 05:41:55 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We are working on a feature to add support to start and monitor gluster
volume asynchronous tasks (like rebalancing a gluster volume, removing
brick from volume ) from the oVirt engine.

The operations can be started from the Volumes tab or the Bricks sub-tab
using the Rebalance, Remove options.
These are long running operations which can be monitored using a task id
returned from Gluster. We are planning to add the monitoring in the
existing Task sub tab

The feature description and User flows are at
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Gluster_Volume_Asynchronous_Tasks_Management

The detailed design (including REST API design) is at
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Detailed_Gluster_Volume_Asynchronous_Tasks_Management.

I would really appreciate if you could review and provide your valuable
feedback.

thanks
sahina