[Engine-devel] Gluster Volume asynchronous tasks

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Mon Aug 12 08:51:15 UTC 2013

On 08/12/2013 01:21 PM, Eli Mesika wrote:

> [...]
Hi Eli,

We still want to be able to start and stop these operations from the engine.
So, when a user wants to say, rebalance a volume, they would go select
the volume and click on Rebalance Start.
This would then call the BLL command to start rebalance which will
invoke the corresponding vdsm verb to start the rebalance on the volume.
This is the same as existing flow for other commands. The only
difference is the vdsm verb will return the task id from gluster, for
the rebalance operation that was started. And we will monitor the
progress of the task using the gluster task id (by calling a gluster
command)

I'm not sure how ExternalTasks would fit in here? I was thinking of
using ExternalTask support for adding Job/Steps to engine when the
operation is started outside of engine, that is, from Gluster CLI.
Please correct me if I'm missing something.