vdsm networking changes proposal

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Sun Feb 10 16:36:39 UTC 2013

Hi Antoni,

Regarding 'Bond' how is it logical to have VLANs as slaves?
Is it something we would like to support, or just be able to represent, if we ever come across this odd combination?

Also, can bond slaves have ipConfig set?

Regarding 'VLAN' is it possible to have the VLAN over bridge as you written?
I'm not sure if that's something supported currently, but is there a plan to support this mode?

Generally seems like these entities have a lot in common that can be in a common 'interface' entity.

Also for OVS I don't understand if the current model will be extensible to support for example GRE tunnels, which aren't necessarily supported in other configurers.

Regards,
Mike