Backup Restore API integration feature page available.

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 15:10:30 UTC 2013

On 27/02/2013 22:34, snmishra at linux.vnet.ibm.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Please take a look at the feature page and provide feedback. This is
> still a work in progress and more details will be added as we make
> progress.
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Backup-Restore_API_Integration
>
> Thanks
> Sharad Mishra

would be great to close this gap.
a few questions:
- do we differentiate between the backup snapshots and the regular
   snapshots?
   i.e., can user see them? delete them? revert to a snapshot before
   them?
   what happens if they go stale since backup process failed/broke - can
   admin intervene and clean them up?

- in 'prepare backup disk', there is a lock disk phase. when is the
   lock released? which operations are blocked by this lock?

- the flow seems to be directed at a running guest ('live snapshot') -
   what happens if the guest to be backed up isn't currently running?

- i'm missing a bit more details on the exact flow, as it happens on
   each component.
-- on which node is the nbd launched / consumed
-- where does the backup agent/appliance run (same node as the ndb one?)

Thanks,
    Itamar