tunnelled migration

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 14:49:45 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

In time we go from hardware enforced security to application enforced security.

At the end what we really need to do is to stop messing with network configuration and add cryptographic lan to qemu, so that every virtual nic will encrypt the traffic using key based on destination. The key for destination will be acquired from central key manager, much like kerberos (if not kerberos).

This will enable a totally flat network (either layer 2 or layer 3) and have total virtual cryptographic based virtual network over that.

Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.