feature suggestion: migration network

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 10:58:25 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 09:29:43AM -0500, Simon Grinberg wrote:

> [...]

I am so sorry that I have to retract my own words. I do not see a use
case for the migration networks that are not the
defaultMigrationNetwork. They are not used anywhere. I wish I wrote down
the following notes

First phase:
- add a new network role of migration network. Each cluster has one, and
  it is the default migration network for VMs on the cluster. Factory
  default is that ovirtmgmt is the cluster migration network.

Second phase:
- add a per-VM propery of migrationNetwork. If Null, the cluster
  migrationNetwork would be used.

- let the user override the VM migration network in the migrate API and
  in the GUI.

Does this make sense to you, Simon?