Fwd: Need response to emails and patches

snmishra at linux.vnet.ibm.com snmishra at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jun 5 16:19:55 UTC 2013

Moving the discussion to arch ML.

-Sharad

From:	Deepak C Shetty <deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To:	Sharad Mishra/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS,
Cc:	laravot <laravot%redhat.com._amureini at us.ibm.com>, Ayal Baron
             <abaron at redhat.com>, agl at linux.vnet.ibm.com, Sean Cohen
             <scohen at redhat.com>, Deepak C Shetty
             <deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com>, Federico Simoncelli
             <fsimonce at redhat.com>
Date:	06/04/2013 09:35 PM
Subject:	Re: Need response to emails and patches

Sharad,
     I was actually planning to integrate with engine patches once the "add
disk to backup VM" and its counterpart were ready. One of the mails i sent
was to get clarity on whether we need a new API for "add disk to backup VM"
or not. I feel the existign hotplug disk may not work... since it only
cares abt file and block type drives.. while qemu-nbd is a network type
drive and i don't see engine support for sending drive params for a NBD
drive

Fede,
     I know you are busy, can you atleast help provide your views on the
mail I sent with regards to "add disk to backup VM"... we need to get
consensus on whether we need a new API and if not. what changes will happen
in engine and VDSM to make the existing API work with NBD drive

thanx,
deepak