Few questions on Backup Restore API implmn.

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Sun Jun 16 10:29:11 UTC 2013

Hi Ayal,

On 06/11/2013 01:38 AM, Ayal Baron wrote:
> I think there is some misunderstanding here.
> The 'users' *are* the backup vendors.
> These APIs are intended directly for backup vendors who will integrate once with the API.
> Users wanting to backup or restore will go to the vendors application not to oVirt.

Well this is whole different story, i could never guess that from the feature wiki,
obviously when speaking about public api, first thing that pops up is a ovirt user,
not backup vendor.

So AFAIU the backup process will be triggered/managed from the backup vendor app.,
in that case i'm perfectly fine with the current design.

cheers.

--

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D