CentOS 6 repo for oVirt

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 10:47:09 UTC 2013

On 03/06/2013 11:28 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Itamar,
>
> On 02/27/2013 10:49 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
>> we are working on making the ovirt repo compatible with .el6 "out of the
>> box", and probably generate nightly .el6 rpms like we do for fedora
>> today. so hopefully other than the various deps you've mentioned, gap
>> for the distro should be minimal.
>
> Can you (or someone else) give some insight into the issues which are
> delaying the release of .el6 packages? I would love to know when we can
> expect "official" .el6 packages.
>
> Thanks!
> Dave.

The patches to simplify the .el6 build are already merged in the master
branch, and are back-ported and ready for review and test in the 3.2 branch:

http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:ovirt-engine+branch:engine_3.2+topic:el6_build,n,z

If I understood it correctly in the last weekly meeting (see [1]) it was
agreed to make a new minor 3.2.1 release containing some bug fixes and
these back-ported patches, so that the .el6 build will be possible/easier.

Mike, Ofer, what should be the next step towards this 3.2.1 minor release?

[1]
http://resources.ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2013/ovirt.2013-02-27-15.00.txt

* AGREED: makes sense to coordinate the engine f18 refresh with el6
     release (as 3.2.1)  (mburns, 15:53:21)

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain