OpenStack Quantum integration feature page for 3.3

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 08:10:15 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 03:20:45AM -0400, Mike Kolesnik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The feature page for integrating OpenStack Quantum into oVirt is available on the wiki:
> http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Quantum_Integration

A quote from "Network discovery":
> Currently, we assume that the networks provided by the provider are
> available on all hosts in the data center...

it is not completely clear who are "we" there. I suppose that you mean
that Engine takes this assumption, and does not verify that a specific
host is actually connectable by the network provider. That's not much
worse than what Engine does elsewhere: it does not verify that network
"green" in one host can actually connect with network "green" on another
host.

A quote from "Network provisioning":

> The network can be exported from oVirt into the network provider, but
> from that moment on it will be as if the network was discovered from
> the provider - i.e. if it goes out of sync, that's OK from oVirt's
> perspective.

Could you explain what does "exporting a network from oVirt" means? Do you
plan an API for that?

Could you elaborate on why this feature depends on
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Device_Custom_Properties ?

This feature heavily depends on http://www.ovirt.org/Network_Provider .
Is there a real difference between the two? If not, I'd rename
Network_Provider to Features/Network_Provider and have
Quantum_Integration redirect to there.

Regards,

Dan.