oVirt on IBM POWER (PPC64) - new feature contributors

Leonardo Bianconi leonardo.bianconi at eldorado.org.br
Tue May 14 18:05:01 UTC 2013

Dear all

We would like to introduce ourselves: Leonardo Bianconi and Vitor Lima.

We would like to work on the features "Engine support for PPC64" (http://wiki.ovirt.org/Features/Engine_support_for_PPC64) and the "Vdsm for PPC64" (http://wiki.ovirt.org/Features/Vdsm_for_PPC64). This work has already been started by some developers at IBM.

We would be happy to hear opinions and comments.

About libosinfo:

In the previous discussion about this topic (http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/arch/2012-November/000976.html), occurred in November 2012, it was suggested that integrating the libosinfo into the engine would be a better way to handle the differences between the architectures that would be supported in the future.

Is this approach still valid? If so, when will it be available? It seems to be a dependency for oVirt "Engine_support_for_PPC64" feature implementation.

Best regards

Leonardo Bianconi / Vitor Lima