Edit Provisioned Network Feature

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Tue Nov 26 18:45:06 UTC 2013

Hi Moti, question:

what will happen if the 'Apply network change to all hosts' check-box will not be checked?
i.e. the logical network business entity and the networking configuration on the Host will
be out of sync? do we plan to indicate that somewhere in the GUI / allow a way to "sync"
the Hosts' networking configuration with the up-to-date logical network business entities?

maybe it is the exact same thing that Mike asked at the end of his e-mail (not sure) and
you mentioned that it is worthy a separate RFE; I am not sure if handling it separately
is such a good idea - question is how important it is to indicate that a Host networking
configuration is not sync'd with the logical network business entities (i.e. we can have
two Hosts, one configured before the provisioned-network change and one configured after
the provisioned-network change, and their networking configuration may seem "identical"
even though it is not really the case).

we can, at the first stage, decide that the 'Apply network change to all hosts' check-box
is always checked and disabled, so Hosts would never be out of sync, or agree upon a
similar limitation that will allow us to not need the 'sync' action / 'out of sync'
indication immediately.

----
Thanks,
Einav