Fwd: Discuss about GSoC 2014 Project: oVirt virtual disks advanced integration with libvirt

Siddharth Jain sid270592 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 03:28:31 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am Siddharth Jain, a 4th year undergraduate student at BITS-Pilani, India
and an extremely interested GSoC aspirant. I have gone through the project
list of various organizations but this particular project caught my special
attention - 'oVirt virtual disks advanced integration with libvirt'

I am very interested in working on this project as I am currently working
on a similar project as an intern at Dell Research and Development Center,
Bangalore, India and this could help me contribute better to oVirt. Here,
as part of the project, I have to deal with configuring various Virtual
Disk and Physical Disk capabilities of Dell PowerEdge Servers by
communicating with iDRAC(integrated Dell Remote Access Controller) using
the WSMAN Web Service. My work also involves automating features like
configuring Power Cap, adding hot spare to Virtual Disk, configuring RAID
and SNMP Trap Destinations.
I am using Python and C# to create the APIs for the job.

I have good experience working with Java on an open-source project but not
so much with libvirt/QEMU. Since I am very interested in working on this
project, can you advise me on how to proceed in the right direction and
provide me more details about the task so that I can understand the work
better?

Regards,

Siddharth Jain | +91 9741145051
Email: sid270592 at gmail.com,