Attention: Mailing List Change

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 09:50:55 UTC 2014

On 03/27/2014 11:32 AM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 10:32:07AM +0200, Livnat Peer wrote:
>> On 03/26/2014 08:39 PM, Brian Proffitt wrote:
>>> All:
>>>
>>> One of the long-standing requests in the oVirt community is the merging of the [arch] and [engine-devel] mailing lists. This note is an announcement that on Monday, March 31, this will get done.
>>>
>>> What will happen:
>>>
>>> 1) Subscribers from [arch] and [engine-devel] will be migrated to a new [devel] list.
>>> 2) Archives from [arch] (this list) will be left as is, and available for searching on the list.ovirt.org/mailman site.
>>> 3) Archived from [engine-devel] will be renamed to [devel]
>>>
>>> If you have any comments or concerns, let me know.
>>>
>>> Thank you for your patience in this matter,
>>> Brian
>>>

>> First of all +1 for doing that.
>>
>> Can we include VDSM as well in a single ovirt-devel list? There is no
>> reason to track two different lists. which is a concern we've discussed
>> in the past...
>
> I prefer keeping vdsm-devel intact. It's a different programming
> language, with its different set of problems, unrelated profiling
> issues, and somewhat different target audience.

We can use the message subject to differentiate between VDSM specific
correspondence to Engine etc.

Having a unified mailing list would expose VDSM to other people which do
not track VDSM list today and would increase VDSM visibility.

In addition most of the features are cross component and tracking it in
two different lists is not working - at least not for me.

Livnat