oVirt news

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 15:34:43 UTC 2011

JOLLANS: I think a lot of this is about the community and about the
ecosystem. If Xen diverts into multiple code bases then you don't get
the same sort of community effects here. With KVM, along with SUSE and
Intel and HP and Red Hat and a number of others, we put together a
couple of groups recently: the Open Virtualization Alliance, which is
looking at how do you educate the market about KVM, and more recently
oVirt
<http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/061908-red-hat-summit-hypervisor.html>,
which is about getting virtualization management to a common code base
as well. So if you can hold the communities together and develop a
single code base, then I think long term you've got a much better future
than if it diverges into several code bases.

http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/410101/what_next_hypervisors_/?fp=4&fpid=1090891289