Fwd: Your message to Arch awaits moderator approval

Chris Wright chrisw at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 15:47:11 UTC 2011

* Dor Laor (dlaor at redhat.com) wrote:
> On 11/16/2011 05:31 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> >On 11/16/2011 05:00 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> >>

> >>I would prefer people to have to subscribe to avoid spam.
> >
> >same here.
>
> IMHO a new project should be friendlier to the community than for its
> maintainers. The kernel, qemu, kvm, xen and more manage to handle the spam
> alright.

I have same issue w/ mailman lists @linuxfoundation.  I have them closed
and moderate unsubscribed posters.  The sender is not informed that they
are being moderated, and I always add the sender to the whitelist as
part of accepting the email.  I don't ever get complaints for this setup.

thanks,
-chris