Adding Memory Overcommitment Manager (MOM) to oVirt

Adam Litke agl at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 26 20:01:11 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I would like propose adding the Memory Overcommitment Manager (MOM) project to
oVirt.  MOM is a daemon that is used to apply dynamic host-level and VM-level
tuning according to a customizable policy.  Today MOM can control memory
ballooning and KSM.  Please see the following links for more information:

Project wiki:
http://github.com/aglitke/mom/wiki

Source code:
git://github.com/aglitke/mom.git

KVM Forum presentation and video:
http://www.linux-kvm.org/wiki/images/e/e8/2010-forum-litke-kvmforum2010.pdf
http://vimeo.com/15223652

developerWorks article:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-overcommit-kvm-resources/

In my view, MOM could be nicely integrated with oVirt-node and VDSM.  I am
looking forward to your comments and am ready to address some next steps.

Thanks!

--
Adam Litke <agl at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center