Adding Memory Overcommitment Manager (MOM) to oVirt

Adam Litke agl at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 26 21:56:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 04:45:34PM -0400, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> The key question is how do we integrate it into the stack,
>  - is it integrated into WDSM as Anthony mentions
>  - or is a project that WDSM uses to provide MOM

I like Ayal's suggestion that MOM is a sub-project that provides all integrated
dynamic tuning that is required for an oVirt host.  This would then be
used/started by VDSM and VDSM can control/update the policy being used at any
given time.

--
Adam Litke <agl at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center