Sub projects

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 06:57:22 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 11:50 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:

> I think we should to add a BOF section to discuss projects, or devote
> some time in our upcoming weekly meetings around bringing in / managing
> new sub-projects.
>
> My main though is that we should maybe create a set of questions for new
> subprojects to fill out as I expect we are going to want to have any new
> subproject answer, or think through the following basic things
>
> - Basic summary of the project
> - How / where does this sub-project integrate into the oVirt stack?
> - Are there any impact or features that need to be exposed via the UI?
> - What existing API's does the project use
> - Does the project expose or create new APIs.

- Maybe a question about engagement/resources, i think it is worth
phrasing a question to help us avoid adopting stale projects, or one man
project who can't dedicate decent time for it.

- What support does the project need/expect from the ovirt umbrella,
maybe some infra support (like setting git, gerrit, jenkins etc.) or
other project-specific support.

Livnat