Additional govenance guideline doc

Carl Trieloff cctrieloff at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 21:23:19 UTC 2011

Based on suggestions and comments on the threads around sub-project, I
suggest we add the following guide for new projects.

Most of the content from Anthony.

fire away with comments... when we are happy with it, I'll post it.

Carl.

A Project that wants to join oVirt should follow the following basic
guidelines:

1) Project posts an overview page on ovirt.org/wiki, including scope and
short term roadmap to ovirt.org wiki. That page is then copied as a mail
to board at ovirt

2) There is an official comment period that lasts for a period of time
up to 3 weeks. This time period allows for questions to be enhanced, and
the wiki to be improved. Projects can complete this stage faster,
however the key is provide enough time for discussion.

3) At any point in this time period, the proposal can be officially
withdrawn.

4) At the end of the period or once there seems to be consensus, there
is a final call for comments before a vote takes place. If the thread's
comments die down, then a VOTE thread can be used to move the process along.

Include the following information on the overview wiki page

Project name:

Project description:

Initial scope:

Description of how the project meets the oVirt requirements
http://www.ovirt.org/governance/adding-a-subproject/
a.) Each project must agree to support the oVirt complete stack (CS)
release schedule
b.) Each project must agree to provide or integrate with one of the
published API’s

Create dev list:

Create bugzilla:

GIT location if already open source: