[VOTE] Inclusion of memory overcommit manager

Barak Azulay bazulay at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 07:27:58 UTC 2011

I think this vote is too early,

I would first like to check MOM more, and see the strong/weak points of either
option.

My gut feeling is that MOM's code should help VDSM to cpmplete its memory
menagement police (or the entire policy engine).

There memory policy handling is also required as a part of the VM execution
(e.g. Monday Morning efect), and as I recall MOM does not handle that.

Bottom line I wouldn't rush too fast,
but if I have to decide now based on what I know and the roadmap ahead I would

-1

for adding it as a new ovirt project.

but I would certainly start investigate how can the VDSM utilize MOM's code.

Thanks
Barak Azulay