[VOTE] Inclusion of memory overcommit manager

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 09:44:56 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 10:46 AM, Alexander Graf wrote:
> -1
>
> Can we please not do votes until we have a process on how to evaluate new project proposals? This feels very rushed.
>
> That said, I would probably vote +1 as soon as that process is in place (and from what I know about mom so far). I just don't like to rush things. So +1 for mom, -1 for the early vote :).

I also agree this feels a but rushed, and need a bit more looking into.
i don't think anyone disagrees on the need for something like that, or
even on that exact implementation, but lets understand a bit better.

my main concern is if this is going to be "the" policy engine for vdsm
going forward, is if it shouldn't be established on something which is a
rule based technology (say, pacemaker).

could be it alrady is, could be it's not relevant, but let's understand
the scope and strategy for something which will be the node level policy
engine.