[VOTE] Inclusion of memory overcommit manager

Adam Litke agl at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 28 14:07:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 07:42:58AM +0300, Livnat Peer wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 08:41 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> >
> > This vote is to accept into oVirt the memory overcommit manager (mom)
> > project either to be used as a dependency in VDSM or as a daemon
> > alongside VDSM. This detail will be worked during integration.
> >
> > If the project is accepted and given it is our first community submitted
> > project to be voted we will create an infrastructure setup list which I
> > will record. This can then be used to make it easier for the next
> > project joining.
> >
> > Please vote -1, 0, +1 whether you would like to include this project
> > into oVirt.  I'll leave the vote open at least 72 hours.
> >
> > regards
> > Carl.
>

> Can we get some info on how many people are active in this project? How
> committed they are?

Up until now, I am the sole maintainer and principle contributor to the project.
I remain very committed to the project.  Integration with a "branded" KVM stack
has always been the goal for MOM because automatic integration and deployment is
the key to delivering this type of optimization out of the box to end users.

--
Adam Litke <agl at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center