[VOTE] Inclusion of memory overcommit manager

Anthony Liguori aliguori at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 28 14:43:03 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 08:49 AM, Michael D Day wrote:

> board-bounces at ovirt.org wrote on 09/28/2011 05:44:56 AM:
>>
>> my main concern is if this is going to be "the" policy engine for vdsm
>> going forward, is if it shouldn't be established on something which is a
>> rule based technology (say, pacemaker).
>
> I think this is way too much speculation. I don't think anyone has proposed
> that MOM should be a general-purpose policy engine or that it should be
> "the" policy engine for VDSM.

I think the reason for the speculation is that we aren't being formal enough in
our proposals.  I think Fedora Features are a good model for making proposals
like this:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Proposals

I'll work on some ovirt wiki pages for a similar project inclusion template this
afternoon.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

  In fact Adam pointed out that in some actual