oVirt Workshop Schedule

Leslie Hawthorn lhawthor at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 16:50:24 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

As mentioned during last week's IRC meeting, I'm working on getting a
rolling schedule of oVirt workshops organized. The goal is to host a
workshop every few months and rotate through the various geos so that we
can spread the word about oVirt most widely. Here's what we have slated
thus far:

June 8, 2012: Workshop at LinuxCon Japan (APAC)

August 29-31, 2012: Workshop at LinuxCon North America (NA) - exact date TBD

November 5-7, 2012: Workshop at LinuxCon Europe (EMEA) - colocated with
KVM Forum, exact dates TBD

January 2013: Workshop at NetApp in the San Francisco Bay Area (NA)
- Awaiting confirmation from NetApp that this timing works for them.

March 2013: Workshop at Intel Shanghai (APAC)
- Intel can host the week of 17 March or 24 March. I propose we aim for
21 & 22 March and assume that by this time our curriculum will have
grown to cover two days. If it has not, we can trim a day from the
schedule later.

Open Question:
Does anyone see blockers on their end for 21 & 22 March 2013?

May 2013: Workshop at Cisco Campus in Research Triangle Park (NA, North
Carolina, USA)
- Awaiting confirmation from Cisco that space will be available in this
location and time frame.

Open Question: LATAM workshop

I propose that we target an oVirt workshop at the FISL 2013 conference,
which should take place in the July 2013 time frame in Porto Alegre,
Brazil. FISL attracts nearly 10,000 attendees and would be an excellent
location for us to debut our oVirt efforts in the LATAM region.

Alternatively, we can attempt to locate space on a company campus in
LATAM to host the workshop. If anyone has space to offer, please let me
know.

Cheers,
LH

--