Next Release Planning

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 14:43:14 UTC 2012

Hi Mike,

On 08/20/2012 02:02 PM, Mike Burns wrote:
> Now that oVirt 3.1 has shipped, we need to start the planning process
> for the next release.  One of the major topics for this week's weekly
> sync is to review the release criteria.
>
> The criteria we used for 3.1 is laid out on the wiki [1].  I will be
> posting an equivalent version for the next release in the next couple
> days, but it will mostly be copy/paste from this page.
>
> Please think about release criteria and whether or not we want to
> add/remove/change things for this release.  This needs to be determined
> now to make sure that the release process runs smoother down the line.

Beyond the release criteria, there's the main goal of the release - what
is the major problem oVirt users have that we can fix for the next
release, for example?

I find it useful to have one big user-visible goal to federate people
around the release and give us a nice headline feature. Of course it's
possible to have some smaller features we would like to add, and bugs we
would like to fix. But the big goal provides both a neat way of
prioritising work and a finish line to measure against.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary