Next Release Planning

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 21:20:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 08/20/2012 11:14 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 08/20/2012 05:43 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
>>> Please think about release criteria and whether or not we want to
>>> add/remove/change things for this release.  This needs to be determined
>>> now to make sure that the release process runs smoother down the line.
>>
>> Beyond the release criteria, there's the main goal of the release - what
>> is the major problem oVirt users have that we can fix for the next
>> release, for example?
<snip>

> my view - that would be great, but such goals should be suggested by
> someone also committing to delivering them per the planned schedule.

I agree - it's one of the things which I've found tricky to understand
re the release manager role - the project maintainer is the one who
should, I think, be setting the scope of the release, and the release
manager is merely ensuring that everyone is aware of where we are within
that scope.

Since 3.1 is my first oVirt release, perhaps someone could explain how
the scope of the 3.1 release was decided after the 3.0 release, and how
we fared against that original plan during the release cycle?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary