[For oVirt Board: IMPORTANT] Re: Call for Content: oVirt Workshop at NetApp HQ, 22-24 Jan 2013

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 13:49:09 UTC 2012

Hi board members!

I would like to ask for your assistance in promoting this workshop.
Would it be possible for you to either
(a) put me in contact with your internal communications team, so that I
can co-ordinate with them how you might be able to assist in promotion or
(b) that you promote this workshop internally to all engineers working
on Virt, who might be interested in either attending or presenting?

We would really like to see a diversity of presenters as we saw in the
recent Bangalore and Barcelona workshops, where we saw presentations
from board members Red Hat, IBM, Dell and a presentation from Midokura
on their work to integrate their network virtualization product with
oVirt. We would also like to ensure the success of the workshop in the
heart of the valley with a good turn-out from both project sponsors and
users - and nothing will help ensure that more than compelling content.

One other thing: it has been a while since we have had a formal board
meeting. Approaching the oVirt 3.2 release, we feel that it's important
to have one to get your input into the project's future direction. We
would like to take advantage of this workshop to host a board meeting
during the workshop. We will be contacting you individually over the
coming days to request your presence and to get feedback on the agenda.
Please add this date to your calendar as soon as possible, to ensure a
critical mass for the board attendance.

Thank you,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13