co-locate kvm-forum w/ a new ovirt forum

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 22:41:15 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 12:01 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> On 02/16/2012 04:13 AM, Dor Laor wrote:
>> Karsten, who takes case to arrange an ovirt forum that would be
>> co-located w/ the upcoming kvm forum on November this year?
>
> Dor,
>
> Sorry, I didn't see this reply, so you can ignore my out-of-band
> request to have someone raise this idea on the board list. :) (I also
> started a new email message from scratch so the message ID doesn't get
> this discussion lost in another thread.)
>
> Board,
>
> I think our team at Red Hat can take the lead on organizing, although
> we'd love to work with people from any of the other organizations on
> the board. (It's another way to contribute to the project.)
>
> What we need to know is:
>
> 1. Does the Board want an oVirt forum or summit co-located at the KVM
> Forum?

+1 to co-locate.

> 2. What format of event do you want? What does summit, forum, etc.
> entail in your mind?

I'd do one or two days.
question around budget, assuming we don't ask for money for it?

> 2.1 Is the goal to present information, have a hackfest, or both?

presenting information mostly i think. maybe an hour of helping people
setup devel/deployment environments?

> 3. What is a likely draw for this event? It appears the last KVM Forum
> was about 150 persons, so I reckon we'd expect a fraction of that.
> What fraction?

good question. maybe make it parallel to 2nd day of kvm forum, assuming
some may be interested in virt management, rather than low level kvm
meetings?