oVirt Weekly Sync Meeting Minutes :: 2012-01-11

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 16:12:37 UTC 2012

Thanks everyone for the good meeting. Sorry for forgetting to send out
the agenda and reminder in advance!

Minutes:
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-01-11-15.01.html
Minutes (text):
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-01-11-15.01.txt
Log:
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-01-11-15.01.log.html

==============
#ovirt Meeting
==============

Meeting started by quaid at 15:01:05 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2012/ovirt.2012-01-11-15.01.log.html .

Meeting summary
- ---------------
* Hello & who is here  (quaid, 15:01:59)

* Setting today's agenda  (quaid, 15:04:07)

* Release status  (quaid, 15:07:10)
  * Thu 12 Jan is ovirt-engine branching day  (quaid, 15:08:05)
  * ovirt-engine now stable after massive effort; want to push JBoss AS8
    support, perhaps today  (quaid, 15:09:33)
  * ovirt-engine nearing stability after massive effort; want to push
    JBoss AS7 support, perhaps today  (quaid, 15:12:13)
  * new releases of ovirt-engine and ovirt-guest-agent on ovirt.org
    (quaid, 15:15:12)
  * EFI hsa two small bugs - vfat fs getting overwritten, console isn't
    displaying anything; mburns working on this today  (quaid, 15:15:57)
  * new builds for ovirt-engine-cli and ovirt-engine-sdk, the latter is
    in the middle of a Fedora package review  (quaid, 15:16:25)
  * bugs/features still need ovirt_requires_release_note flagging
    (quaid, 15:17:05)
  * LINK: http://tinyurl.com/7gs9ojt   (quaid, 15:17:16)
  * LINK: http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Release_Notes   (sgordon, 15:22:02)
  * oVirt developers will need to fill in release notes for first
    release on wiki, as well as flag ovirt_requires_release_note in
    bugzilla  (quaid, 15:23:12)
  * LINK: http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Release_Notes   (quaid, 15:23:16)
  * One open issue with VDSM configuring libvirt spice, occasionally not
    working due to VDSM misconfiguration  (quaid, 15:25:01)
  * Each team lead could supply a short list of changes since workshop
    for release  (quaid, 15:39:41)
  * ACTION: sgordon to ask each team lead for release notes for first
    release, in addition to what is in BZ  (quaid, 15:41:44)

* Delaying branching to Sunday proposal  (quaid, 15:44:18)
  * Branching delay may occur depending on JBoss AS7 status  (quaid,
    15:45:47)
  * Delayed branching will cause a postponing of test day for one or two
    days  (quaid, 15:46:12)

* Delaying branching to Sunday  (quaid, 15:48:44)
  * Delayed branching will cause a postponing of test day for one or two
    days  (quaid, 15:48:49)
  * delaying branching to Sunday so we don't push before the weekend
    (quaid, 15:49:10)

* Test day  (quaid, 15:49:31)
  * LINK: http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Testing/OvirtTestDay   (mgoldboi,
    15:50:31)
  * LINK:    (quaid, 15:50:58)
  * LINK: http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Release_Notes   (quaid, 15:51:02)
  * Wiki page includes deployment basic test scenarios and python API
    examples  (quaid, 15:51:32)
  * ACTION: mgoldboi to send a change-the-date of test day notification
    (quaid, 15:53:32)

* Quick comment about using meetbot  (quaid, 15:55:06)
  * Anyone in channel can use #info & #action & #link  (quaid, 15:55:24)
  * Engineering management likes the notes we get when we use those well
    - they are informative and useful  (quaid, 15:55:50)
  * Also quite useful to anyone not here  (quaid, 15:55:59)

* Events  (quaid, 15:56:41)
  * LINK: http://www.ovirt.org/news-and-events/   (quaid, 15:56:55)
  * The news and events page now has all of the events that I know
    about, and the details that I have so far  (quaid, 15:57:11)
  * each event needs a wiki page to track details for participants of
    the event, and put that in the [[Category:Events]]  (quaid,
    15:57:59)
  * LINK: http://ovirt.org/wiki/Category:Events   (quaid, 15:58:02)

* Gmane indexing  (quaid, 16:00:59)

Meeting ended at 16:03:54 UTC.

Action Items
- ------------
* sgordon to ask each team lead for release notes for first release, in
  addition to what is in BZ
* mgoldboi to send a change-the-date of test day notification

Action Items, by person
- -----------------------
* mgoldboi
  * mgoldboi to send a change-the-date of test day notification
* sgordon
  * sgordon to ask each team lead for release notes for first release,
    in addition to what is in BZ
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
- ---------------------------
* quaid (138)
* sgordon (52)
* oschreib (40)
* itamar (11)
* mgoldboi (9)
* ovirtbot (8)
* rharper (7)
* pmyers (6)
* ovedo (5)
* mgoldboi1 (4)
* rbergeron (4)
* cctrieloff (3)
* mburns (2)
* jboggs (2)
* mestery (1)
* miki1 (1)
* flash (1)
* jb_netapp (1)
* MarkBaker (1)
* jimjag (1)

Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4

.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot

- --
name:  Karsten 'quaid' Wade, Sr. Community Architect
team:    Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:              http://communityleadershipteam.org
                         http://TheOpenSourceWay.org
gpg:                                        AD0E0C41