Tagline on ovirt.org does not communicate a clear and simple message

Dor Laor dlaor at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 07:53:06 UTC 2012

On 01/17/2012 05:15 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On 01/17/2012 09:02 AM, Carl Trieloff wrote:

>>> I wonder if we should spell it out also, if only to get better keyword
>>> mapping with google.
>>>

>> One additional though is that we primarily focus on KVM, however if some
>> summits patches for linux container (as an example) support and they
>> 'fit' in well, we would most likely take them.

I'm not in favor of non kvm activities too. At least for this year.
oVirt needs the focus. In theory it can do it all - kvm, xen,
containers, cloud, etc. But in practice it would be the best for us to
focus of being as good as we can in a more narrow, realistic field. The
current field is enterprise virtualization using kvm. IMHO that's the
right one and there is plenty of work to do around it. Spreading around
will slow down the main effort (even if others do the work).

Potentially in a year time we may re-evaluate things.