oVirt slide decks & other collateral

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 16:54:20 UTC 2012

On 01/25/2012 07:53 PM, Jason Brooks wrote:
> I've created marketing and marketing/collateral categories on the
> ovirt.org wiki, and started a page listing the slide decks that we have
> for the project so far: http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/OVirt_Slide_Decks.
>
> At the top of the page I've linked to a new, generic ovirt deck,
> assembled out of the other decks, meant to be used for project
> overview-type presentations.

Hi,

Thanks, that's a good overview deck.  But one suggestion...

Perhaps it would be good to add in some slides here that show off the UI
a little more?  Not necessarily a deep dive into the oVirt Engine but at
least some general concepts like showing how things are organized
(datacenter, cluster, storage domain) and showing some basic workflows.
 That might make things a little more concrete/tangible for folks
listening to this presentation.

Right now the presentation is very high level, and for technical
audiences (like we'd see at conferences like FOSDEM, FUDcon, etc)
there's not enough meat in there to capture the attention of potential
contributors.

Make sense?

Perry