RFC: oVirt NetApp workshop Call for Content

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 14:52:07 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I just put a draft call for content in a new page for the NetApp
workshop on the wiki: http://www.ovirt.org/NetApp_Workshop_January_2013

The call for contents is basically a copy of the topic list from the KVM
Forum/oVirt Workshop in Barcelona. Some points to note:
* I set the deadline close, so that we could notify speakers before the
holidays, and allow people coming from further away to organise travel
arrangements. Is 2 weeks for a Call for Content enough?
* We will re-use the workshop-pc mailing list for proposals and
discussion. There was an open discussion point about what our
subscription and posting policy should be for the list - I suggest that
non-members may post to the list, and anyone can subscribe.

I would like to actively reach out to some oVirt users and partners to
ensure that we have a diverse set of content for the conference - I
would expecially like to hear some interesting case studies about the
ways that oVirt is being used!

Can I get some comments on this quickly, please? If it is acceptable, I
would like to push it more widely this evening.

Thanks,
Dave.

Call for Content

We are actively seeking speakers for this workshop. We are interested in
talks in the following areas:

  *  Case studies of oVirt deployments
  *  Using oVirt effectively
  *  oVirt Project Roadmaps
  *  Deep dives into features/areas
  *  Deep dives into code/debugging/tuning
  *  Integration and extensions
  *  Components: engine, vdsm, node, sdk/cli, reports, mom, guest agent,
etc.
  *  Subjects: network, storage, vm life cycle, scheduling & sla,
gluster, etc.
  *  Packaging, installation and distributions
  *  Community infrastructure and services

Please submit talk proposals for review by sending a message to
workshop-pc at ovirt.org. Your email should include your full name, speaker
biography and your talk abstract. We will accept submissions through
Friday, 14 December 2012 at 23:55 UTC. Speakers will be notified of
acceptance by Friday, 21 December 2012.

Accepted speakers should plan to submit their slides to the
workshop-pc at ovirt.org mailing list no later than close of business on
Friday, 18 January 2013.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13