Sponsorship for oVirt Workshop

Brian Proffitt bproffit at redhat.com
Wed Jun 18 15:25:10 UTC 2014

As we settle into the summer and start looking ahead to the latter half of 2014, one of the events we want to start working on is an oVirt Workshop, to be co-located with LinuxCon Europe[1] and KVM Forum[2] in Dusseldorf in mid-October. The Workshop will be a one-day event jammed with seminars and presentations on oVirt and virtual datacenter management.

Co-locating with these events will afford us a ready-made venue and potentially lots more attendee traffic, since folks will be traveling to Germany for the other conferences already. It will also help reduce the costs, as the Linux Foundation will be in a better position to negotiate pricing for the one-day event than oVirt would on its own.

This is not to say the event is cost-free. Right now, we are looking at approximately US$4,000 in costs, since this event will be free of charge to attendees. As the community manager for oVirt, I wanted to give our respective organizations the opportunity for sponsorships for the event. Given the relatively low cost of the Workshop, I am hoping that by contributing a small amount from each organization that has partnered in the oVirt ecosystem, the recognition for your support of oVirt will be very much noticed.

If interested in sponsorship, please reach out to me by July 30 so we can get the discussion going!

Peace,
Brian

[1] http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-europe
[2] http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kvm-forum