[Engine-devel] Stable PCI/DEvice addresses

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Thu Dec 1 12:06:52 UTC 2011

Moving this back to list -

On 12/01/2011 01:49 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 06:26:16AM -0500, Eli Mesika wrote:
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I need the xml/json format representing the VM installed devices.
>> Livnat asked me to add it to my Wiki
>> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/Design/StableDeviceAddresses
>>
>> Please feel free to either send it to me or edit the VDSM section adding this info.
>
> I think that it is wrong to document this in this point in time. The
> data is a blob, generated by libvirt, copied by Vdsm, and not expected
> to be editted by RHEV-M.
>
> If you REALLY want to know, it is simply libvirt's domain xml, which is
> well-documented in http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html.
>
> Dan.

Hi Dan,

Since i suspect the next requirement on this would be for RHEVM to parse
the "blob" and enable user to specify addresses i think the content of
the "blob" should be discussed.

Otherwise we'll have to support this "blob" format for the sake of
backwards compatibility and not be able to set a reasonable API between
the engine and VDSM.

Livnat