[Engine-devel] New tool to upload OVF archives

Keith Robertson kroberts at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 13:58:48 UTC 2011

On 12/05/2011 08:22 AM, Andrew Cathrow wrote:

> Can we update the ID feature to autogenerate an ID instead of specifying it.
Yes.
> Also the ID generation needs to flow through to the template/VM's disk ID

Are you sure about that?  In the sample OVF XML in the patch [1], the
XML Element, "TemplateId", has a UUID that ends in 9402.  The only other
place that this 9402 UUID appears is in the "ovf:id" attribute a
"Section" element.  This UUID does not appear in any disk ID elements.
Hence, it was my assumption that the UUIDs for the TemplateID and the
"ovf:diskId" elements are distinctly separate.

Cheers,
Keith

[1]: .../engine-image-uploader/src/ovf/sample-ovf.xml