[Engine-devel] RESTAPI: optional body in DELETE request

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Sun Dec 11 13:31:45 UTC 2011

Recently we asked RESTeasy to support one of our unique use-cases:
- (optional) body in DELETE request e.g

case 1:

DELETE /api/vms/xxx
<action>
 <force>true|false</force>
</action>

case 2:

DELETE /api/vms/xxx

and now they do allow us passing body in DELETE request
what is permitted by HTTP spec., but a bit awkward from the user
perspective,

therefore i would like to start discussion on this where the goal is
deprecating this feature and consume /force/ from url parameters instead, e.g:

DELETE /api/vms/xxx
DELETE /api/vms/xxx?force=true

note: we continue supplying very same uniform interface and all url parameters will
be properly documented in RSDL, U/G.

--

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D