[Engine-devel] Patches that support jboss AS7

Oved Ourfalli ovedo at redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 10:05:07 UTC 2011

Hey,

I recently worked on making the proper changes to make the engine code work on Jboss AS7, and it works now!
Still needs some testing and probably some more adjustments, but it looks promising.

I pushed the commits to gerrit (the first one contains most of the changes, the others are fixes and additions):

http://gerrit.ovirt.org/698 (POC - review, don't submit) engine: Jboss-as7 - base commit with jboss-as7 related changes
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/699 (POC - review, don't submit) restapi: Jboss-as7 - fix rest api tests
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/700 (POC - review, don't submit) engine: Jboss-as7 - Fix utilities to work with jboss as7
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/701 (POC - review, don't submit) engine: Jboss-as7 - Copying the correct jdbc jar to the modules directory

I'd be happy to hear your comments.
Most changes there were done due to problems I encountered, but feel free to suggest other solutions.

Make sure you don't submit this patch yet, as it is a POC, and other changes are needed in order to complete the work on that.

These patches work under the latest AS7 version (7.1.0.Beta1b) - http://download.jboss.org/jbossas/7.1/jboss-as-7.1.0.Beta1b/jboss-as-7.1.0.Beta1b.tar.gz
(The patches currently work only on the version above, as one jar is replaced in the Jboss modules directory to solve LDAP issues).

All the versions can be found in: http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads

I'm here if you have questions or comments.

Thank you,
Oved