[Engine-devel] SPM Priority Design - Wiki Page

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Thu Dec 29 14:47:24 UTC 2011

On 12/29/2011 04:34 PM, Andrew Cathrow wrote:

> [...]

Paths to which storage domain? the master? all? on average?
Do you prefer 2x10Gb iSCSI connection, or 4x1Gb?

- What about available bandwidth to the storage (assuming it may be
capped and compete with VM IO traffic) ?
- Latency?

> Perhaps we should dynamically create a score for a host that takes these factors into account, each may get higher rating - eg. maybe # storage paths is more important that # cores ?

This is why I've suggested High(8)-Med(5)-Low(2) and add dynamically the
system scoring, with whatever params we get to eventually. 'Never' could
be 0, 'Always' could be '10'.
Y.