[Engine-devel] SPM Priority Design - Wiki Page

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Sat Dec 31 09:02:54 UTC 2011

On 29/12/11 07:33, Miki Kenneth wrote:

> Send from my iPhone .
>

> On 28 בדצמ 2011, at 18:21, Livnat Peer <lpeer at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/27/2011 05:22 PM, Miki Kenneth wrote:
>>> Few points:
>>> - From requirement perspective - 0-10 scale is OK too.
>>> - There is an RFE to allow manual SPM selection, let's make sure that we clarify how we do that in the scenarios.
>>> - There is a case were all Hosts are set as "no SPM" (-1), user should be notify (on the last host?)
>>
>> Hi Miki,
>> Can you please elaborate on this validation.
>> When we edit a host it is currently a requirement that the host will be
>> in maintenance.
>> So what do you think the validation should be?
> That there is at least one host in the cluster that can become spm.

What does the last host means? it is in maintenance mode, not taking
part as SPM candidate ATM ?!
It can be in the process of moving to another DC, for example.

Until the host is activated there is no value in validating it's SPM
priority. When the host is activated there is no point in this
validation as we simply add a host to the DC, I don't think failing
host-activation because of it's SPM priority is a valid flow.

in short - I don't see where this validation can be valuable.