[Engine-devel] project meetings on irc?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 22:45:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 03:14:56PM -0400, Jon Choate wrote:
> I'd like to suggest holding our project status meetings on IRC.
> RichFaces does this
> (http://community.jboss.org/wiki/richfacesteammeetinginformation)
> and appears to have great success with it. There is a tool
> (http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot) that will record, summarize and
> publish the minutes of the meeting automagically.

I agree - having open meetings in the easiest to access format is
crucial to an open source project:

http://bit.ly/StartingTOSW [1]

BTW, meetbot is on the short-list for Infrastructure projects,
probably the first thing I'll tackle when the workshop is clearly All
Good. It should be very easy.

- Karsten

[1] Full fat URL:

    https://www.theopensourceway.org/wiki/How_to_loosely_organize_a_community#Get_things_started_immediately_with_the_simplest_and_most_open_communication_methods_available_plus_a_meeting_time

team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:             http://communityleadershipteam.org
                        http://TheOpenSourceWay.org