[Engine-devel] Introduce a change to oVirt-engine-core DB

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 08:26:57 UTC 2011

On 11/15/2011 10:15 AM, Mike Kolesnik wrote:

> [...]

Just to add on this, this is one of the "inheritance" strategies that is
provided by Hibernate/JPA.
Another approach is to have all common fields in a single table, and
have other tables contain only the fields that are different for each
one of the types (and hold an FK to the "common fields" table).
Although this approach can be treated as a hybrid between the two, the
need for FK here may hit us with performance.