[Engine-devel] Quota open issues following oVirt-engine-core meeting

Maor mlipchuk at redhat.com
Wed Nov 23 17:31:24 UTC 2011

Hi all.
Following the oVirt-engine-core meeting today, and the introduction of
the Quota feature,
a few open issues were discussed, and are described as follow:

1. Grace limit - We relinquish the grace limit property, since the
threshold property should be good enough, for the alert functionality,
the administrator needs.

2. Email notifications - The administrator will use the notification
service for the Quota threshold event messages, to configure which
users, will get notification email on Quota that exceeded the threshold.
(We should consider using postponed notifications, to avoid flood).

3, Quota feature scope - Just to clarify, Quota is not designed from
hardware point of view, but more from the billing POV.
It will only be managed in the ovirt-engine scope.

Regards,
Maor Lipchuk